Fiesta United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cleric KQ Guide

Go down 
+3
Minoes
Little_Mo
Daevor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Well, since the topic has come up alot recently, and I can only but agree that many of the newer generation of clerics (how do I put this nicely?) need some guidance, I decided to make this thread.

Now my main is a 7x cleric, and I have an archer and mage at 2x, and my wife has a 6x fighter, so I know most sides of the story

Also, this is aimed at clerics in Slime/Mara/Gold Hill KQ's. Posts 2~6 will refer to Robo, Honeying, MD, Spider and KKP KQ's, respectively.

First off, to those high level players with a cleric main who are now starting to play alts, here's what you can do to help:

As soon as the KQ starts, shout the following (have it pre-typed out in notepad or something so you can just copy-and-paste it):

/s As a 7x cleric main, allow me to say the following:
/s Clerics who don't heal fellow kq members = bad cleric
/s Clerics who don't heal party members = fail cleric
/s Clerics who don't rez = fail cleric
/s Clerics who mission off on their own = fail cleric
/s Clerics who clank when a fighter is available to do so = fail cleric
/s Clerics who keep their party members alive = fantastic cleric

/s For a Cleric guide to KQs, go to http://fiesta.omgforum.net/guides-f4/cleric-kq-guide-t54.htm

Well, some clerics might not like you because of that, but the message will sink in. (Suggestions to rephrasing the above are most welcome).

Okay, those 6 statements cover most of being a great cleric in kq. Now for the finer details.

Getting to the Boss

Keep your party members close to you. Sure, heal has an 18 metre range (I think), but sometimes some party members run way ahead of everyone else. If this happens, tell them in party chat to stay close, else you can't heal them. If they insist on missioning off on their own, they do so knowing they're likely not to get heals from you.

Gauge the damage your party members take quickly. Sometimes you have a high-level mage/archer with a 9 weapon that's just stealing the aggro off the tanks, or sometimes you have the main tank in your party. YOU NEED TO HEAL THEM. I don't care about "I play the way I want to." That you can do when you solo, no-one cares how you play then. But when you're in a KQ party, you are required to use your skills to the maximum benefit of the party, and the cleric does this best BY KEEPING PARTY MEMBERS ALIVE. Oops, I'm going slightly off the point here. Sorry.

Use the F# keys. No, I'm not swearing here! The F1-F5 keys will each switch your focus to a different party member (i.e. you don't have to 'click' on someone in your party to focus on them ): F1 focuses on yourself, F2 focuses on the first person in your party (as the party members are listed on the top left of the screen). This usually saves a lot of time when multiple party members require healing and you need to switch between them quickly.

If someone dies, it's your fault.
Well, not always. Sometimes they just ended up with too much aggro (or they missioned off on their own), but mostly it's because you didn't heal them. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN.

Fighting the boss

Stay away from the boss. That's right. Many of the bosses have an AoE stun, and if you want to be a hero and heal your party members while attacking the boss (even though you don't have the aggro), you will get stunned at some point, and who is going to heal you and your party members then?

Invince the squishies. If the tank loses the aggro, chances are the boss is going after a dd (archer/mage). Try to see as quickly as possible who the boss is after, and cast invince on that player. Without an endure buff, most squishies are killed in 1 hit by the kq boss. Your invince will usually give the tank enough time to regain aggro, and if not, you've done your best and that's all that can be asked of you.

Stay away from the dd's. Also, if possible, try to get the dd's to spread out. If the boss goes after a dd, the first attack s/he does is usually an AoE attack, and you don't want anyone taking hits unnecessarily. Also, you're likely to get stunned with the AoE attack, and will then be temporarily incapable of healing yourself and your party members. Also, if the dd's are spread out, it's easy to see which dd you need to invince if the tanker loses the aggro. I actually can't stress this point enough, so I'm just going to say it again: STAY AWAY FROM THE DD's.

If someone dies, rez them as soon as it's safe to do so. The tanker in your party may have alot of mobs on him/her, or may be tanking the boss. If so, you do not have the time to cast rez, so then there are three options, in order of preference:
1. Someone else should rez them.
2. Cast invince on the tanker, and then cast rez on the fallen comrade.
3. The person will have to use a heart.

If the boss goes on a rampage and there are dead bodies everywhere, rez the clerics first. (Thanks to Calrais for this bit of advice) The clerics you rez can then help to rez other players, hopefully before too many hearts are lost.

When Mara/Marlone is being pulled, stay off the stairs. (Thanks to FennecFox for this bit of advice) Only the puller (an archer or mage) needs to go up the stairs. Everyone else should stay at the bottom in the boat. As the puller comes back with the boss, the fighter should sneering kick/mock the boss off the puller.
side note: the real Mara has a blue marking on her hat (the fake ones have red markings), and the real Marlone has horns on his head.

Okay, that's all I have time for right now. Perhaps you guys can refer low-level clerics to this thread? I don't know, I'm just trying to help.

All suggestions are most welcome.

Daevor, The Devoted.

Last edited by Daevor on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Robo KQ   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Honeying KQ   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: MD KQ   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Here are some tips for fighting Robo and GGK. I'll add a "fighting the boss" section later.

Most of the tips mentioned in the first post is applicable to MD kq as well. There are, however, a few additions/exceptions, as follows:

Getting to the Boss

When pulling robo, form a heal-chain. One puller with 1 or 2 clerics backing up the puller is not good enough. The supporting clerics always get attacked by the spawns, and then they start healing themselves instead of the puller, leaving the puller fend for him/herself.
Instead, form a cleric-chain, from a safety point out of the mobs' reach, all the way to Robo (you need about 3 clerics for this, but the more the merrier). Each cleric heals the one in front of him/her, and the foremost cleric heals the puller. Do NOT cast heal on yourself, and do not stop healing the player in front of you, else the chain will deteriorate and the puller will be left to deal with Robo and some mobs without any help. If you can switch focus quickly enough (use the F# keys), cast rejuve on yourself and use pots/stones if the cleric behind you in the chain is not healing you.

Stand in the safety spot when fighting GGK. When fighting GGK, his damage output is not enough that you have to restrict yourself to only healing the tank. By all means throw your hammer/mace around, but stand directly behind GGK, or you'll unnecessarily be taking damage too.

Fighting the Boss

To clank or not to clank; that is the question. There has been much controversy about clerics tanking the boss. Firstly, let me say that obviously it can be done. However, there are certain specific circumstances under which it should be done. When should you not clank MD?
1. Obviously if you get 1-hit killed by MD, you should not clank him
2. If you're the only cleric in your party, give priority to keeping your party alive.
3. If there are at least 2 other players (fighters/archers/mages) able and willing to tank, then the success chance is increased if you let them tank and heal them.
4. If there are few clerics in the kq, you can not afford to risk yourself: if you die, the few other clerics may be too busy keeping their party members alive to rez you, and then there goes 1 of 3 hearts for you.

That being said, when should you clank?
1. When none of numbers 1~4 above are true, or
2. When you're the only player in the KQ that is not 1-hit killed by MD (then obviously you're the only available tank).

If you're not clanking the boss. All the points from post 1 "Fighting the boss" applies.

If you are clanking. Heal and Rejuve are your friends. Both for keeping you alive, and for holding aggro.
1. Face MD to the wall. His AoE attack has a lesser range behind him.
2. Time your heal/rejuve so that you heal yourself immediately after taking damage. This can be done relatively easily, especially when MD jumps.
3. You don't actually need to attack, so don't be shy to throw a heal at your party member who needs it. Note: this does not mean that you should not attack, just that you do have time to occasionally heal a party member who needs it.
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Spider KQ   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Fighting the Boss

Glitching GS doesn't help much, because GS is not a problem, the spawns are.
Note: people always die. I have not come across a strategy that keeps everyone alive, however, the following maximizes the number of people who stay alive throughout the boss battle.

1. Take GS to a room and face her to the wall.
2. Everyone stand on GS. This way, the spawns are all concentrated on GS as well, and they get killed along with the AoE attacks of the mages.
3. Zoom in your camera. With so many spawns, your lag is extreme. Zooming in helps reduce the lag. Also, you don't need to see what's going on around you, you only need to see what the hp level of your party (and yourself) is. Use the F# keys to switch between party members who require healing.
4. Use Quicken on Invince. Quicken-recover-recover will just get you killed. There are simply too many spawns, and taking them off your party and all on to yourself is a guaranteed suicide. Rather invince the DD taking too much damage, but try to use quicken first so you have another invince in your back pocket. This point sounds good in theory, but is very difficult to implement at the right time in practice.
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: KKP KQ   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:22 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female
Number of posts : 586

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:20 pm

._.

Never thought of staying away from the DDs, I actually liked to stay near my squishies ._.

Call it mother hen instinct XD

Question for you : what to do in Robo (that KQ scares me XD), to heal your party and not take aggro

And for MD, how to stay alive during the Robo pull when the noobs don't listen to you ? ._.

Oh, and I let one of my squishies die once ._.

We were in a party of 5, 2 left, and I got my F# all messed up, I panicked and couldn't find the good one to heal XD
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female
Number of posts : 690

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

In robo i tend to stay in the back of the room, and if i get aggro i go to a tank or something else that likes to take aggro.

During running ... um... try to keep your heals as minimum as possible (i find that if your heal doesnt fill up the hp bar completely you get less aggro) and if you get aggro run aroudn ppl until they help, or start running big circles (depending on amount of monsters)... And tanks have higher priority than squishies in the chaos because the tanks save the rest Razz

And in Md... I tend to invince the puller when he starts pulling robo, run after him as close to the side as possible, and sto halfway. He can manage to get back that war without dying and then you can heal and run back... and don't have ALL of them on you.. just a lot... and spamheal and use hp stones (or get someone to heal you) XD
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Minoes wrote:
In robo i tend to stay in the back of the room, and if i get aggro i go to a tank or something else that likes to take aggro.

*nods*

Quote :

During running ... um... try to keep your heals as minimum as possible (i find that if your heal doesnt fill up the hp bar completely you get less aggro) and if you get aggro run aroudn ppl until they help, or start running big circles (depending on amount of monsters)... And tanks have higher priority than squishies in the chaos because the tanks save the rest Razz

that will be very hard for me, I hate seeing an non-full HP bar ._.

Spam-Healer FTW V^__^V

Quote :

And in Md... I tend to invince the puller when he starts pulling robo, run after him as close to the side as possible, and sto halfway. He can manage to get back that war without dying and then you can heal and run back... and don't have ALL of them on you.. just a lot... and spamheal and use hp stones (or get someone to heal you) XD

You got me affraid of doing MD ._.
Back to top Go down
Leyrra
Squishy

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm

For Spider KQ it is often hard to see who is gonna get hurt in your pt because there are a lot of mobs and a lot of players Smile (especially more if you "zoom in your camera" as suggested in this guide :p)
I found it very useful to watch the SP bar of my pt members. This way, you know who is spamming skills and is therefore likely to get the aggro.
This is especially useful when you have 2 mages in your pt : the first one to cast nova may get all the monsters on him/her and then you won't have much time to heal... if you see his SP dropping, you can quickly use the F# shortcut that is assigned to him and be ready to heal as soon as his HP start to drop.

Also for Spider... as you need to be ready to heal a squishie all the time... whenever I got hurt, I cast Restore on myself, move in an AOE and use HP stones (sometimes even HP potions) to keep my HP up until a mage gets aggro back (in which case I'm ready to heal him because I saw his SP drop thanks to the previous tip and therefore I already targeted him) or a fighter (in which case I have enough time to switch to the fighter and heal him - if a squishie is going on a SP spending spree I use Rejuv on the fighter and target the squishie again, ready to heal him)
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male
Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

OMG!!! *takes notes like mad*

I've been looking for cleric guides... weeeee, now my nublet cleric can do some good... >.>
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:15 am

Same ._.

My notepad is nearly full ._.
Back to top Go down
ffate
Paper
ffate

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 am

xD

No need to take anymore notes my cleric is retired Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Aaaw that's sad. I feel almost the same way with Daevor. Playing a cleric is so laborious! Crying or Very sad

But at least I still do KQ with him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Daevor wrote:
As soon as the KQ starts, shout the following (have it pre-typed out in notepad or something so you can just copy-and-paste it):

/s As a 7x cleric main, allow me to say the following:
/s Clerics who don't heal fellow kq members = bad cleric
/s Clerics who don't heal party members = fail cleric
/s Clerics who don't rez = fail cleric
/s Clerics who mission off on their own = fail cleric
/s Clerics who clank when a fighter is available to do so = fail cleric
/s Clerics who keep their party members alive = fantastic cleric

Well, some clerics might not like you because of that, but the message will sink in. (Suggestions to rephrasing the above are most welcome)

D`you guys really do that part? The guide is nice, I just don`t think anyone should do that
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:31 pm

You know, I've been mulling over this a lot, and I think a better thing to do would be to shout:

/s For a Cleric guide to KQs, go to http://fiesta.omgforum.net/guides-f4/cleric-kq-guide-t54.htm

shorty after the start of the KQ, while everyone is still paying attention to normal chat for partying etc, and then again at the end of the KQ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleric KQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleric KQ Guide   Cleric KQ Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleric KQ Guide
Page 1 of 1