Fiesta United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nice Guy guide!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Nice Guy guide! Empty
PostSubject: Nice Guy guide!   Nice Guy guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Tips and guidelines to being a
NICE GUY

Nice Guy guide! 747665057_small

Wa-hey! Hello there fellow Fiestians, how are you doing? Ah, excellent, excellent! I`m good also, here at home, sipping some coffee, listening to some Phil Collins, and writing this guide! So, let`s get down to it...

A nice guy... yeah, sometimes you find them. They are those kinds of players that you just like. You can`t get mad at them can you? There`s this basic principle that goes: "Treat others like you would want to be treated", it basically means you gotta treat others nicely (Because, c`mon, everyone wants to be treated nicely, right?). And this principle I just mentioned works, it works perfectly... just like with Karma: Do good things and good things happen to you, do the opposite and you`re in for a nasty surprise...

Contrary to popular belief, being a nice guy (Or gal, I just use the "guy" because its an already made-up phrase and because of its Naruto connotation, but of course this applies to both genders, my dears...) is really easy, and is also common sense (The file to being a nice guy, niceguy.exe, comes included with your brain, you just have to run it) but since many people need a bit of training in that area (And since this is a guide) here are some basic tips...

Nice guys use complete words! When asking for help, for a buff, or just chatting, try to use complete words instead of their abbreviations (Text message language) it makes you sound more polite and interested on the conversation or the desired outcome, and you`re more likely to be corresponded favourably, see for yourself!

Guy: can u plz giv me a buff
Nice guy: Can you please give me a buff?

Which of those two is more likely to get a buff? An "Excuse me" in front of the phrase would also help, but the basic is using the full words. When you get the buff, you`re not in a rush, so you can thank the buffer properly...

Guy: ty
Nice guy: Thank you!

Notice how the first one lacks spirit? And if you`re the one giving the buff, you can show the person you buffed that it was not a problem and that you would gladly do it again by fully spelling...

Guy: yw
Nice guy: You`re welcome

I`m not saying you shouldn`t abbreviate anything (And I`m also not suggesting you don`t use lol, lmao, rofl, or any of those, since those are already words, hahaha~) if you`re fighting a boss or doing something important, but most of the time you probably have the time to write full responses, and tust me, they do wonders

Nice guys think twice before pressing "Enter"! Which is the equal to thinking before saying anything in real life, since the chatbox is your voice in the game. In order to avoid unnecessary typos, or something you don`t really want to say, check what you`ve written if its long-ish. Grammar helps also, I`m not asking you to write as if you were writing an essay for school, but remember to sound human, you get what I mean. This also applies to the forums, where its actually more important, before plunging into the "Quick reply button", double-check what you`ve written, make sure there`s nothing you might regret in the future in there.

Nice guys never curse! That`s right, never ever. At other players at least, if you wanna curse at procks, go ahead, but remember not to use any adult language because that`s not allowed on the game. Then again, this is a guide about interacting with other players, not with monsters, and cursing gets you all the bad points possible: It labels you as a rude person, makes people dislike you and not want to help you in any way... its easy to avoid cursing, it does no good to anybody, so just try not to

If you still want to curse because that`s just how you are, that`s the way you talk, and you`re not gonna change it, bear in mind there`s players like me who report people who use unappropriate language, and believe me, one screenshot of you cursing is more than enough to be punished

Nice guys know the difference between "Newbie" and "Noob"! This is very simple: a newbie is a player who recently started playing the game and doesn`t know a lot of things about it (How to sell things, how to enhance, how to ride a mover, how to use skills, lots of stuff) we were all newbies that didn`t know these things at some point, so remember never to make fun of them. A noob is an annoying player who`s conscious of what he`s doing, either spamming, bugging someone, or anything unpleasant, you can be level 89 and still be a noob (I know a bunch... ^^P). These two terms tend to be confused, and problems arise, so just remember: Newbie is a new player, and noob, is a slight insult

Nice guys are helpful! Helping someone else makes you feel better, makes you feel a better person, and there`s nothing wrong with that, we help people for a reason, right? Now, if you want to help someone, you do it, this section of the guide is for when you can`t or don`t really want to help at the moment. Just remember that not being obliged to do something is not a good enough reason not to do it. Of course there`ll be times when you just can`t help someone, or don`t want to (When asked for powerlevel, for example, or silver), in these cases, being polite is the key again (Maybe explaining to the guy why he shouldn`t powerlevel, or be asking for money, how he can get his own money, etc.) since being polite and explaining, is being helpful too.

Nice guys don`t look for trouble! Sometimes, other players who don`t have the luck to be like us, deliberately try to bother us. It may be killing us in abyss or a PvP zone for no reason, talking rudely to us, or any other way you can think of. We may try to speak with them and find out the reason they`re doing that, or we may already know the reason, but we must remember not to fly off the handle, because that`s what these players want: They want confirmation that they`re achieving success in making us mad. So even if we`re mad, which we probably are, we`re better off not letting it be known to them. If reasoning doesn`t work, we shall let it be, step away from them, even if that means making a sacrifice (Leaving an area, for example) for that will show who`s better than who

Nice guys are not misled by rumors! (By Chinsky) Being nice, also involves complaining/whining less. Less because I know there are situations that are "whineable" really, but if it does drag on for long, it becomes tiresome. A nice person also is discerning enough, to not be misled with rumors or what not.

Situation A: Player A is your friend. Player B hates Player A.
What to do? Now now, don't go hating Player B or badmouthing him (Even if he/she badmouths your friend). It's tempting and seems to make you feel better, but trust me it won't. You hate Player B for badmouthing your friend, but if you badmouth Player B, you're just worst as Player B. Learn to respect other people's opinion and impression even if they are your friends. The easy way to call this is to be neutral. You don't know what happened between them, nor can you VERIFY who's saying the truth, so the best way to deal with it, is to be neutral. You may voice out your dissatisfaction in his badmouthing, but not an excuse to badmouth him as well.

Situation B: Player A (again), well as most of your friends said, Player A seems to be a bad apple...
So what to do? Unless you have a bad encounter with him, don't let the rumors affect you and your treatment/interaction to that player. Say a friend of yours, say, "He scammed me", don't go saying say, you're in party and all of a sudden quit the party just because he joined and say "He's a scammer". Trust me, this doesn't help at all, and you're only making a fool of yourself for downright believing something you had not firsthand experience or knowledge about anyway.

Nice guys know when they`re needed! (By Chinsky) That's a rule that's generally helpful 99% of the time. Before you jump around helping around others, be sure there's something you can help them with in the first place... before you do anything. Say two friends of you are arguing, with you jumping in onto the argument/drama will it really help? Think 10 times before you involve yourself with something, or you might make things worse.

Basically, nice guys are nice! Nice guys have tact, and they use that tact to avoid upsetting others, there`s really no other way of saying it than "Being nice", because they know its all coming back in the end. If someone is wrong, if someone is being a jerk, if someone is desperately calling for attention, just... BE NICE! Wink

Imagine how utopic Isya would be if every player would take these guidelines into account? That utopia`s possible, and in order to change the world, you have to start by changing yourself! That`s the power of one, BE THE REASON!

Nice Guy guide! Ganseki-No-Kobushi-A-Rock-Lee-Profile-10
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male
Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Nice Guy guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Guy guide!   Nice Guy guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:28 pm

LOLS!
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Nice Guy guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Guy guide!   Nice Guy guide! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 am

Reading that I now realise how helpful I must have been to my friends, I actually stoped two of my best friends hating each other simply by sitting down in a group online and saying things like why does that make you angry? How do you think this prblem can be resolved. It worked wonders and they no longer argue!

Maybe we need a mediation guide...
Back to top Go down
http://youremoqueen.sosblog.com
Sponsored content

Nice Guy guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Guy guide!   Nice Guy guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice Guy guide!
Page 1 of 1