Fiesta United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random fact.

Go down 
+8
ffate
Klothos
Little_Mo
luckywalker07
Neoshaman
Minoes
MalauKnight
iDream231
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iDream231
<3
iDream231

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 am

Fact; The largest diamond that was ever found was 3106 carats.
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male
Number of posts : 795

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:41 pm

Fact: Cockroach brain is located in its abdomen. Cut off the head of a cockroach and it can live for several days till it dies of lack of food in its system.... (don't ask me, I didn't do it.... radio said it)
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:44 pm

If a husband and wife kiss before leaving for work for the day it increases their lifespan by 5 years.
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:46 pm

if malau was the president of a country, peace will be restored O.O

seriously
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

If you chop off the head of a male mantis, it will display intense sexual behaviour.

This is because during intercourse, the female eats his head.
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Da Vinci wrote backwards so that people couldn`t find out his secrets
Back to top Go down
luckywalker07
Nublet
luckywalker07

Male
Number of posts : 15

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 am

There is no medical application for sleeping, scientists still see no physiological need for sleep.
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:44 am

Ever walked into a shop in a mall not planning to buy anything and you ended up buying a whole lot of unnecessary junk that you realise you don't need when you get back home???? Want to know the culprit behind it??? Well, one of the reasons could be white noise.

Some of you might be familiar with the term "white noise." However, many might not know that white noise are not necessarily associated with the supernatural (such as the portrayal by Hollywood. Typical Hollywood, always twisting facts to make some quick bucks). White noise is actually noises that are made in a frequency that might not necessarily detected by the ear, but is detected by the brain. Therefore, even though your ear might not hear it, your brain does.

And believe it or not, white noise is often used by companies and marketers to sell their products as white noise can be created in a recording studio with the right equipment though the issue of ethics comes into play here. And since the brain can detect white noise, it is very useful in creating that need to purchase something (that's why women are more inclined to buy things as they are more susceptible to white noise persuasion)
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female
Number of posts : 586

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:26 am

o_O

Sooo

That day that I wanted to buy a white blouse and ended up buying black pants, it's all that white noise's fault ? Shocked

I KNEW IT !!!
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 am

Little_Mo wrote:
o_O

Sooo

That day that I wanted to buy a white blouse and ended up buying black pants, it's all that white noise's fault ? Shocked

I KNEW IT !!!

Yes mo, white noise could be the fault of that. One thing I forgot to mention about white noise....

You know how in shops sometimes they have songs playing in the background and stuff?? Well, sometimes some of the songs do have white noise in them, thus making you buy something from their shop.

Oh, and don't make me get started on pink noise. O.O That's right, i said, PINK NOISE. (dang, they don't have pink font)
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female
Number of posts : 586

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:40 am

Well, I still think that women are mostly faulty on that...

We CAN shop a lot on our own XD

What is the pink noise ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 am

Yes, but with the help of white noise, you'll end up buying more Razz

Pink noise is a higher frequency of sound wave compared to white noise. Like white noise, it can be created by nature or can be created in a recording studio. However, pink noise is harder to be created.

Applications of pink noise: This one I'm not to sure about.. LOLS
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 am

So you guys can't complain to us if we spend all your money! It wasn't our fault!

wiki has something to say about pink noise Razz
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:19 pm

hehehe..... no comments....

new fact: if you want to cook vegetables, wash and run it under warm water for more than 15-20secs before cooking. This will bring out the flavour of the vegetable and make it yummier to cook Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 pm

If you put a frog on a frying pan full of cold water, and throw boiling water in, the frog will escape, since she doesn`t fancy the hot water

If you put a frog on a frying pan full of hot water, and start heating it up, you`ll be able to cook the frog alive since she won`t move

Don`t believe me? Try yourselves! : D
Back to top Go down
Klothos
Nublet

Male
Number of posts : 22

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:40 pm

When Pluto comes close enough to the sun, the surface of solid Nitrogen sublimates to produce a substantial atmosphere with winds and clouds. Nitrogen refracts blue light and a person on the surface would see a very Earth-like view. The atmosphere condenses as it moves away from the sun

artists conception:

Random fact. Pluto_summer
Back to top Go down
ffate
Paper
ffate

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Donald Duck comics are banned in Finland because he doensn't wear any pants Razz
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:05 pm

ffate wrote:
Donald Duck comics are banned in Finland because he doensn't wear any pants Razz

Really?? Hahahahaha, awesome!! I mean, poor Donald

Here on Argentina, the series Ranma 1/2 was SO censored that some of the 25 minute chapters ended up having only 10 minutes, and they had to fill the space with commertials *Sigh*
Back to top Go down
toonie
Epic Phail!
toonie

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:03 am

cockroaches can survive nuclear explosions ;]

turtles can breathe through their backsides xD

annndddddd

the Ouran High School Host Club english dubs are really really bad D<
Back to top Go down
ffate
Paper
ffate

Female
Number of posts : 45

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Goldfish turn white if you keep them in a dark room.
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm

One church in Jerusalum is being used by 3 christian groups (Greek-Orthodox, Romes-Catholic and Armene-Orthodox) and these three groups fight so much that the keys to the church are in hands of 2 muslim families for ages.
Back to top Go down
Chinsky
Epic Phail!

Number of posts : 8

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 am

Minoes wrote:
If you chop off the head of a male mantis, it will display intense sexual behaviour.

O.O WTF? X___X why the heck do the female eat their head x___________________x
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 am

Chinsky wrote:
Minoes wrote:

O.O WTF? X___X why the heck do the female eat their head x___________________x

it's true.. female mantis eat the heads of the male mantis while having intercourse... and apparently the males do not fight back.... they willingly die for the females...

and also the female mantis are like twice to three times the size of male mantis... @@
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 pm

MalauKnight wrote:
it's true.. female mantis eat the heads of the male mantis while having intercourse... and apparently the males do not fight back.... they willingly die for the females...

Some women do too...

Erm, FACT! Godzilla`s original name, Gojira, comes from the japanese words "Gorira" (Gorilla) and "Kujira" (Whale) but they have nothing to do with the monster itself (Who isn`t a whale and is clearly not a gorilla) but with the original producer of the first movie, who was a bit fat and had the nickname Gojira. When the movie came out they didn`t know what the hell to call the monster so... "Aw, let`s just call it like good ol` Gojira, huh"
Back to top Go down
juNebug
Nublet
juNebug

Female
Number of posts : 23

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:43 am

Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas Laughing

-from snapple real facts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random fact. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random fact.   Random fact. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random fact.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next