Fiesta United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rep dissappearing

Go down 
+3
Neoshaman
Minoes
luckywalker07
7 posters
AuthorMessage
luckywalker07
Nublet
luckywalker07

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:40 pm

What do you think about the removal of the reputation system from the fiesta forum?

Discuss here
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 am

Kindof expected with all the abuse Razz
Back to top Go down
luckywalker07
Nublet
luckywalker07

Male
Number of posts : 15

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 am

I kinda liked it, wish there was a way to make it fair though?

Any suggestions
Back to top Go down
Minoes
Wet Paper
Minoes

Female
Number of posts : 690

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:51 am

Undo negrep! Only happy rep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm

I posted on the thread about Rep dissappearing, on the *Gasp* official Fiesta forums. Lemme copy-paste what I said there...

"About the rep system, well, I never really liked it. Sure, seeing the little messages that came with +rep was awesome, they put a smile on my face, but I won`t say that "They kept me going". I noticed by reading this thread (And I read it all) that many people considered Rep as "Payment" for their "Services" (If you don`t feel I`m talking about you, the one who`s reading, then I`m not talking about you, don`t worry) and they liked seeing their bars under their names, as badges. It makes one feel special, but you have to think about others too: The place where you get "Recognition" and "Rewards" is the game, here on the forums we`re all equal.

I had a full bar, and what I mostly post are jokes, songs, and (Hopefully) funny stuff. I help whenever I can, but I like to think that my job here is that of an entertainer. That`s how I "Earned" what I had, and more than one time I had people send me private messages that went like this "Wtf how du yu hav so much rep????? scamer ima report yu" which made me think of how much the system twisted some forum users` view of posting in here. Paying more attention to the information on the little column on the right than to the post on the left is just not right. Besides, the rep was visible, kinda like a badge an old army general wears to show off his past achievements, but what`s in the past is in the past.

The real reason I`m glad the Rep system is gone is that it was elitist. It made people feel they were better than others, and it made some people feel they were worse than others. I`m personally against anything that establishes an elite, it goes against the feeling of community and union we`re supposed to have here. No, it didn`t encourage people to be helpful, it encouraged people to seem helpful. Now, when someone needs help, there will be only one answer, no repetitions, and no people answering whatever they can think of first. Newcomers will be encouraged by seeing they have nothing different than someone who has a zillion posts and that they can be just as helpful without anything on the way suggesting otherwise

Now, about letting someone know that he or she helped you, something you could do by +repping that person and leaving a message with that rep. Sending a PM to thank the person, as has already been said, is pretty much out, since it takes more time and navigation, that will stop most thanking messages from being delivered. However, a quick reply on that thread with the message you were going to put in, is just as quick as a rep, and it lets others see the message too. The "I`d`+rep you but I can`t" jokes are going to get old soon, so I suggest you use them all you can now~

We`re living in a repless world~! NOW let`s see who`s helpful and who`s not Wink"
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:23 am

Thats logical yes, but rep was something i'd liked at one point, after a while I got over it coz people like Omenra got people trying to spam her rep box as much as they could just because she made awesome siggys, yea well I can make just as good if not better siggys than her and I didn't get ANY +rep for them, hte only reason I cared was because of how much she got that I didn't it was simply competing with someone else.

But now that they're gone it's all good coz no one goes oh they look great Omen +rep for you, and I simply get people coming and chatting on my thread.
Back to top Go down
http://youremoqueen.sosblog.com
Linabella
Paper

Number of posts : 30

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 am

i hate it i hate it i hate it i miss my rep i want my boxes *emo cries in a corner and pouts* :[
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female
Number of posts : 586

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 am

wow mental breakdown much ._.

I don't care, rep was only fun for the messages in it ROFL

I know some who are pretty down with disappearing ....

<.<

Yeah, there names start with a "R" and finish with a "an" ._.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Linabella
Paper

Number of posts : 30

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:11 am

*breathes* i'm ok <.< ..but yeah i hate that the rep is gone ._. ..i loved rep XD its the only reason i posted on the forums ._. i wanted shiny boxes D:
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male
Number of posts : 795

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:24 am

hehe, rep, who cares about it...... they're overrated and like people were saying in the other thread, it gets abused. One of my philosophy is life is be kind and fair to all and do everything without expecting something in return.

and to lina, ROFLMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rep dissappearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rep dissappearing   Rep dissappearing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rep dissappearing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fiesta United :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: