Fiesta United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male
Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2008-10-31

What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Empty
PostSubject: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:19 pm

i'm bored.. its sunday night and i have work tomorrow so before i sleep, lemme post up this question:
What is the bravest thing you've ever done or you've ever heard?

This is by far one of the bravest thing anyone could have ever done... true story btw.

One student was applying to Harvard. During an interview, he was given a set of questions to respond in the form of essay. One of the question was:
"Define brave"
He answered: "This is my definition of brave." and left the rest of the pages blank .___.

And guess what, that answer got him into Harvard. =.=" but seriously, that really took some guts to do....

for me personally, erm *thinks* im pretty much a scardycat so no brave things done by me unless u consider cooking topless to be brave Wink
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 am

O.O you actually do that? *shivers* bad pictures, bad bad pictures.... brave brave brave yesh.. let me think...prob the bravest thing I can remember doing.....I saw a spider I didn't scream Very Happy about a week ago I saw my first spider I didn't scream/wince/run away/point and say "mum get rid of it" to made meh feel proud when mum pointed it out. Also I jumped from a diving board into a swimming pool for the first time in my life it was a 5 metre jump and I got to flip off it, I landed in a belly flop but I can no longer say I didn't do it.

The first time I faced my fear of consequences, a longish story...ok...one day in the depths of room 17 I sat chewing my pencil....
It was close to the end of the block meaning lunch time was very near, Anton sat next to me whispering to Thomas some secret "girls" wern't allowed to know....yea I can hear you...anyway Mrs Eddy had just finished explaining what was wrong with a peice of work my friend had produced creating umms and ahhhs at what she really wanted. Hands were raised qustions were asked and questions were answered. I sat at the back of the class thinking of so many counters I could use against the teacher, her logic may be strong but I had a class of kids ready to back me up...haha yea right. Anyway after plucking up enough data from her extremely boring speach I raised my own hand, my eyes were stern through thinking double chacking I would get embarassed at failing to make the teacher look wrong. She looked at me, eyeing me suspiciously but all the same she pointed at me handing over the speaking role. All I needed to say, was a simple sentence, I allowed myself to breath and began "but" Mrs Eddy hated this word, it shrowded everything in mystery...apparently "if you wanted at least three pages the least you could have done was not type on the homework sheet all you want is creativity" A smirk crossed my face as I realised what I had done, never before had I spoken back to a teacher, and hell was I gonna do it again. She was still looking at me but this time wonder in her eyes "you know" she said, "thats the first time this year Alys that you've contributed to a class discussion" Someone began clapping...don't ask me why but they did then the rest of the class joined in. After Mrs Eddy hushed them all she declared a "lollypop moment" from that block forth and probably still now I was the most popular girl in room 17, the greatest and most intelegent class in all of geln eden intermediate school...hahahaha yea lets put it that way.
Yea thats my long story of the first time I faced my fear of consequences Very Happy I did it again too
Back to top Go down
http://youremoqueen.sosblog.com
Neoshaman
Butterfly Hero
Neoshaman

Male
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 am

This isn`t the bravest thing I`ve ever done, I don`t think I can locate that in my mind right now, but I hope this one will be good...

(NOTE: It was 4AM at Starbucks and I was tired. I was accompanying a friend who was going to meet some other friends)

Girl: Hey, how old are you?
Me: Ninteteen
Girl: Oh, you look like crap, hahahaha~!
Me: Well, you`re fat
Girl: O_O

And the thing Malau mentioned on the first post, was really stupid. I can`t believe that got the guy into Harvard. Actually, I don`t believe it. Must be some made up story ^^U

I`ll try to think about my bravest thing...
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:31 pm

BWAHAHAHA!! thats epic neo.. im surprised you're still alive after saying that....

and my story wasnt made up... it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... he's some super smart singaporean guy....
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 am

Maybe he got in via some other thing..... you know...that...thing...ummm... *hides in bush* wait almost found it *searches dictionary secretly* no no i'll get it.... ha reputation! There we go maybe he got in from reputation.
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female
Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 am

I did it ._.

*heart still beating fast and hard*

I went against Jen...

For those who don't know, she's the most well liked cleric in the whole server...

But she was speaking BS about full END clerics, being better than STR clerics, and her last post really got me fed up, and I answered impulsively to her ._."

Thanks to Mommy for backing me up with numbers and sens talk xD

For you, public :

Jen wrote:

I wanna make this clear. I NEVER said that a full STR cleric couldn't heal. Im sure you can press your heal button just fine, and im sure you can time it well with your other skills too. HOWEVER as i said in other posts, this doesn't change the fact that when you DO get aggro (and you will) you will die in one hit from the high dmging mobs you will find in TR and in the Dragon's Tomb dungeon. OR even if you collect too many kart miners out in BR and you stand in front of their aoe.

My point is..you can't heal very well when you are dead on the ground, or when you are running away.

ALSO if you guild happens to war....you are gonna be spam killed to kingdom come. I LOVE the fact that in wars it takes most of the guild we are warring tokill me...this keeps them from attacking my guildies, so ill take all the attacks while my guildies kill them.

Thats my point. You need to be able to take hits, and heal others while only needing to use pots and stones. If you can't do that, well, you aren't considered a good cleric in my book. Im sorry, a full STR cleric isn't gonna have the def or the HP to be effecitive into lvl 8x, when it comes to the dungeon or wars or pvp with higher lvls.

Again...to heal..you must be alive!

Mo wrote:
BS

If that was true, how come a full STR fighter as as much HP than UAE ?
Or a full STR cleric that has more HP than you, a full END cleric ?

In higher levels, free stats in END don't do much different... What, you really think your 100 def difference will do you any good ?

Compared to a full STR cleric, with exactly the same equips, you'll be able to take, what ? 1 more hit ? with mobs hitting for more than 500 HP I don't see HOW your build can help you... All is in the equips you choose to wear....

The thread for those who would want to read about my public suicide action .-.
Back to top Go down
Daevor
Semi-Nub
Daevor

Male
Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:09 pm

And here's my reply to Jen's post (does this qualify me as being brave too? scratch ):

Quote :

Quote :

Originally Posted by Jen1073
my build provides me with 2k def at lvl 86 (without scrolls),
The 100 or so free stat points you put in to END build only provides you with ~50 DEF points (iirc), not 2k. Your other 1950 def comes from your natural def, all the +9 equips you are wearing, your marriage buff and your guild buff (and cookies, if you are using any).

Quote :

my hp is almost 8k if my husband is in the party with me,
Your 100 or so free stat points you put in to END build only provides you with ~500hp points. The other 7500 comes from your natural HP, the END in your equips, your marriage buff and your guild buff (and extenders, if you are using any).

Quote :

sorry show me this full STR cleric that has more HP than me or uae, im not sure who you are talking about,
Well, theoretically, a full str cleric all your equips, your marriage buff, your guild buff (and anything else you have going on) will have about 1950 def and 7500hp, where you have 2k def and 8k hp. Is that significant? Lets see what you say a little further:

Quote :

but even if they do have more HP, it doesn't make a difference if the mobs are hitting you for 4k...you are still gonna die in 2 hits....
And so are you. Thus so far you have not shown that a full END cleric is significantly better than a full str cleric.

Quote :

i can tank mobs in DT that some fighters can not...THAT is how my build helps me.
Actually, THAT is how the combination of your build, equips, marriage buffs, guild buffs and scrolls (and cookies/extenders, if you use any) helps you, of which the full END in your build plays but a small part. By the way, the reason some fighters can't tank mobs in DT is mostly because of their sucky m.def, of which clerics have natural high m.def (and of which a full END build helps squat), and to a lesser degree because they're not outfitted in +9 high END equips, so their def is not 2k+.

Quote :

As i said in a past post, i agree full STR helps you in lvls under lvl 70, but once you get to 7x, STR is useless, end is the only free stat of any use in my and many clerics experience.
I am quite sure many high level clerics believe this. The math, however, doesn't support the theory of a full END cleric as having significantly higher survivabililty than a full str cleric. Against those magic dealing mobs, END build only helps with a little more hp, which is hardly significant. And 50 def out of a total of 2k? You're making me laugh.

There have been similar postulations about full str fighters being useless tankers. As this is closely related to your claim, allow me to present the case of a full str lvl46 fighter successfully tanking MD Hardcore, without cookies/extenders. Have look here:

What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Screenshot258

That's a ful str fighter, but still able to tank MD Hardcore, where the def/mdef and hp is made up by high END equips, +9 shirt and shield, t3 scrolls, a t3 endure buff and cleric party buffs. At this point Slasher didn't even have a marriage buff or guild buff active. This shows that with scrolls, well statted armour, endure buff and cleric party buffs, a full str fighter can outperform a full END fighter (I know my fair share of full END fighters not able to tank MD Hardcore at level 46). Why not then can a full str cleric outperform a full END cleric, or at least perform as well as?

Quote :

AGAIN, i said hp AND def.

Taking those nasty magic-damage dealing mobs into account as well, it's actually hp AND def AND m.def.
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Of course cheers

*huggles Mommy*

*starts singing off key*

We are the champiooons, WE AAREEEE THEEE CHAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOONS !!!
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:09 pm

wow..... i must say, that took some guts mo and dae... as i do know jen and i do know how she will always have a way with words and being quite loved in bijou, that was quite... wow XD *hands cookie to both* you two deserve it....

and of course jam and neo gets one too... XD
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:15 pm

MalauKnight wrote:
wow..... i must say, that took some guts mo and dae... as i do know jen and i do know how she will always have a way with words and being quite loved in bijou, that was quite... wow XD *hands cookie to both* you two deserve it....

way with words shouldn't prevail on numbers and facts...

The truth must prevail.

FOR FREEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

*gets prepared for war*
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:18 pm

*paints face*

MWWWRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR

numbers rule!!!!!

*trips over banana peel*

>.<
Back to top Go down
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub
Little_Mo

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:19 pm

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

xD

<333
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:05 pm

O.O haha woops, sorry Malau I was ment to put that banna skin in the bin....
hehe numbers make the world go round Very Happy literally

Oh and thanks for da cookie mum hasn't made any in months and I am afraid of the oven
Back to top Go down
MalauKnight
Squishy Pet Monkey Tank
MalauKnight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Jam_Tart wrote:
O.O haha woops, sorry Malau I was ment to put that banna skin in the bin....
hehe numbers make the world go round Very Happy literally

Oh and thanks for da cookie mum hasn't made any in months and I am afraid of the oven

hang on a sec, since when did i become your mommy?? i thought the father/mother role goes to daevor.....
Back to top Go down
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness
Jam_Tart

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:32 am

O.o you havent, I was being serious my mum hasn't baked in months.

OMFG I TOTALLY KILLED A SPIDER TODAY!!!!!
Very Happy I feel so damn proud, I didn't squeal or scream or run away or anything, I trapped it under the jar I was ment to be using for our boiling water experiment and then moved it to the plug hole and ran water and drowned it, first times for everything as my mum said when I told her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?   What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the bravest thing you've ever done/heard?
Page 1 of 1