Fiesta United

Striving for a happy and close Fiesta Online Community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 am

The True Tales of Minoes, the Master Mage
Written by DaevorTheDevoted

All characters are pure fiction and any similarities to real persons are purely *cough* coincidence.

Chapter 1

Once upon a time there was little girl with magical powers. Her name was... something beginning with an "m"... Let's call her "Minoes". She ventured forth through the lands of Isya, exploring, discovering new things. She befriended many people and they nicknamed her "min min". Then one day while roaming the lands of Isya, she met the most awesome and handsome archer she had ever laid eyes upon. And he was named "zeg-zeg". So zeg-zeg and min-min very much enjoyed each other's company... They would spend a lot of time together, exploring the beautiful, but also dangerous, lands of Isya together. Then one day says min-min to zeg-zeg "Dear, we spend so much together and we enjoy each other's company so much... we are almost always together (and besides, I have a thing for you *cough*), should we not, you know..."

Yes, too modest and shy was our dear min-min to actually propose. However, zeg-zeg felt likewise, and responded: "Yes my love, I feel exactly the same way, and was but waiting for the right moment". And down on one knee he went, and spoke the words that would make any woman tremble with happiness:
"My love, will you marry me?
Will you give yourself to me,
whether poisoned, diseased or debuffed?
Whether healed, scrolled or buffed?
To have and to hold,
for my love is now all told.
For to you I pledge my love (and my lust *cough*),
in you lies my hope and my trust.
Yes, with you I want to spend the rest of my life,
so, Love, will you be my wife?"

And min-min, totally overcome with joy, simply fainted! Zeg-zeg naturally got very worried, and called the DTD ambulance service. A member of the ambulance service pitched up, cast revive, and min-min was immediately recovered. The DTD member then left the scene (this was, afterall, a private moment between zeg-zeg and min-min). Then said min-min unto zeg-zeg: "My love, I just now had a dream, and my fear is near insurmountable."
"What bothers you, Love?" replied zeg-zeg.
"I dreamt that we were married, happily, actually blissfully."
"That is my dream too", said zeg-zeg.
Then min-min spoke the words that knotted her tummy with fear: "and then you disappeared, out of the lands of Isya."
zeg-zeg was shocked, for he could never imagine leaving Isya, not ever. At first he simply stared, not knowing how to respond. "But-but... Love, why would I ever leave these beautiful lands?" stumbled zeg.
"I know not," replied min-min, "but the dreams of the mage are dreams of truth." Saddened were the couple, for they knew it was indeed true: the dreams of the magi are dreams of truth.
Then said zeg-zeg: "Love, though it be truth, I would rather spend what time I have with you as your husband, than to never be your spouse for fear of leaving these lands."

Min-min considered these words, and they were indeed wise words. And she considered his (rather lengthy) proposal too. Finally, she said: "My love, I can think of no better person to be wedded to." And then she spoke the words which later became immortalized by the citizens of Isya, for many a lover can still be heard reciting these words to their beloved today:
"You are the zenith of my desire,
you evoke my passion and my fire.
You take me to places of gold and beauty,
you take me to places higher and higher."
And so the two decided, at last, to bond themselves in holy matrimony.

Last edited by Daevor on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 am

Chapter 2

The two lovebirds had been enjoying a blissful marriage life, spent mostly in the wild Ancient Elven Woods. The weather was always fair, the fruit ample and juicy; in fact, the very air seemed to be filled with love and serenity. So much so that our lovebirds wasted no time in expressing their love for each other, to the point that strict Elven traditionalists would frown upon so much marital activity in such a short space of time!

It was not long before min min's tummy started expanding with... uhm, the fruits of their labour. The principal member of the DTD ambulance service (that is, Daevor, The Devoted, whom min min became fast friends with after her fainting incident) assigned one of his staff, xLOVE2, to keep a close watch on min min and her developing baby. The couple was positively radiant at the impending birth of their child. zeg-zeg was often seen dancing the Dance of Greatfulness at the lake's end, while min min looked upon him with her smiling eyes, sitting with her feet dangling in the cool waters.

As the time approached for the baby to enter the world, and the cramps of min min started in earnest, zeg-zeg contacted the DTD ambulance service and bade the mid-wife xLOVE2 to come with all speed. And as Daevor happened to be on duty that night, and was such good friends with min min, he decided to accompany xLOVE2.

The labour was long and taxing, and it was a good thing Daevor was at hand: he had to cast many heal spells to keep up the strength of mother and child. Eventually min min was ready to give birth, and the two men were sent out of the room. Such was the Elven custom: no man is ever to be present at the birth of a child, lest the child be cursed with a taste for violence.

"So, what do you hope it to be, " asked Daevor, "a son or a daughter?"
After a few moments of thought, zeg-zeg replied: "While tradition wishes for the first born to be a son, my heart desires only that the child be healthy, and honourable. And I wish for the child to be proud to be an Elf, and to make the Elves proud."
Daevor marvelled at these deep and wise words. So quiet and humble was this talented archer, yet he was an endless source of wisdom. He was mid-way through casting an AoE heal spell when the archer suddenly gripped his own chest and contorted his face in an extreme look of pain. Daevor was so shocked he lost his concentration on the heal spell, but then quickly cast his strongest heal spell on zeg-zeg. But it seemed to have no effect. He tried rejuve. That was just as ineffective. He went from spell to spell, but nothing seemed to work: heal, rejuve, recover, restore, even invince had no effect! After what seemed like an eternity, zeg-zeg finally collapsed to the ground, unconscious, but breathing strongly. Slowly, distant sounds of a crying baby filtered through to Daevor's mind, and he realized that the baby had been born!

Last edited by Daevor on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am

Chapter 3

There seemed to be a power at play beyond Daevor's skill to counter. He was fast losing hope, but decided to give revive one more try. Surprisingly, zeg-zeg returned to consciousness, bearing a puzzled look. "zeg?" queried a much relieved Daevor, "Are you alright?".
"I'm... fine. I don't know what happened. How long-" and then the baby wailed again. "My child!" he exclaimed in wonder. Then he turned once more to Daevor, and said in a serious voice: "Please, do not mention any of this to min min. I do not wish to burden her unnecessarily", to which Daevor nodded gravely. No more passed between the two on the subject, for xLOVE2 was already beckoning them to re-enter the abode.

"Are they ok?" asked zeg-zeg, his concern evident.
"Mother and son are doing very well." replied xLOVE2, a smile crossing her face. Daevor thought he detected a hint of unease too, but the moment passed and soon they looked upon zeg-zeg's newborn son.
zeg-zeg then recited the Sire's Prayer upon his son:
"May Health and Strength aid you,
may Humility and Generosity befriend you,
may Honesty and Truth speak for you
and may Courage and Wisdom inspire you.
And ended off with "I name thee Zen-Saii." And thus Zen-Saii, son of Zegaii and Minoes, was born.

"The hour is late, and our work is done; it is time we left you to rest." said Daevor, upon which he and xLOVE2 bid a brief farewell to the elven couple, and started their trek back to the High City of Uruga.
"Something strange happened as the babe was born," confessed the mid-wife, breaking a long silence.
Daevor looked at her quizzically. "You know that crossbow Zegaii has? It glowed, a bright golden colour, just as the child was born."
This was perhaps another piece to the puzzle of Zegaii's affliction earlier, Daevor pondered, but it simply raised more questions yet answered none. "Go on.." he urged, in as calm a voice as he could manage.
"Go on? Is that not strange enough?" xLOVE2 shot him a questioning glance.

Daevor was silent for a long moment. There were simply too many strange occurrences surrounding the birth of the child: first zeg-zeg's chest pain and fainting, and now his crossbow glowing brightly, both at the exact moment of the child's birth? There was much to think on, but the knowledge had to be contained, lest it start a panic. Eventually he said: "Speak of this to no-one. I shall take council with Zegaii in the morning."

Why could Daevor not just let him be? Exasperated, Zegaii finally said: "I have not suffered the affliction again. We are fine, and my crossbow is no different. I have a wife and child to take care of; I will not concern myself with something that happened once, and not again. Nor do I wish to upset min min with this knowledge. So please just let it be!"
"Alright," conceded Daevor, "on one condition: if the spell should return, we must consult with the Council."
zeg-zeg had no great love for the High Council of Elders, those who professed to keep order, as he was by nature a rebel. He found them to be too stuck in their traditions, slow to adapt to new situations. He was often shocking them (sometimes deliberately so) with his unconventional ways. However, nothing he did went directly against the Great Laws of Isya, so he was still a Full Citizen in Isyan society, and thus privy to their council.
"You know I don't like them." said zeg-zeg.
"I know. And you know how serious I think this is."
"Yes, fine. If it happens again, we'll go to the Council."

Though zeg-zeg pretended to be fine, he could not forget the affliction he had suffered, nor Daevor's words about his crossbow. He was indeed concerned about these incidents. Yet the more he pondered upon them seeking a rational explanation, the more uneasy he became.
Min min, being acutely attuned to Zegaii's moods, sensed that his thoughts were troubled. He had become more withdrawn since the birth of their child, and she could not fathom why. Normally he would not take longer than a few days to open up to her, but it had now been two weeks, and still he remained silent on the matter.

This caused Minoes to become anxious, and when she could bare it no longer, she finally blurted out: "Are you not pleased with our child? Is that what troubles you?"
"No, Dear, I am most pleased about our child. Nothing could bring me greater joy. And I love you all the more for being the mother of my son." He paused for a long moment, gathering his thoughts. Finally, after a deep breath, he continued:
"What bothers me is that I have been having strange dreams that I cannot remember upon waking. They disappear like wispy clouds, yet somehow I sense they are important."
min min gave this some thought. She wished she could help him, but how could she make him remember his dreams? Eventually she simply said: "Perhaps you need to just give it some time."

There was not much zeg-zeg could do about his unease, and he took to spending many nightly hours wandering through the woods, or sitting secluded polishing his Golden Crossbow. His weapon was an item of wonder across the lands of Isya, for none had seen the likes of it, or even the tree from which the golden coloured wood used to make it was obtained. He vaguely remembered the mysterious Elf who gave him the crossbow when he was but a few years old. His adoptive parents had given him a good scolding for having wandered alone into the woods that day, but, after careful examination of the crossbow, decided to let him keep it.

It was a dark moonless night. zeg-zeg was once again out seeking solace in the quiet woods, when he stopped dead in his tracks. His keen Elven nose had picked up the scent of a foreign animal. Being the expert tracker he was, he knew the scent of every animal of Isya, and this was not one of them. He instinctively notched a bolt to his crossbow, and tried to locate the animal by sound and scent. It was becoming clearer, there were four of them, approaching from all around him! They were hunting him!

Last edited by Daevor on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am

Chapter 4 -- part 1

Instinctively he estimated the distance between himself and each of the beasts. Oddly, it seemed one of them had a different gait, but he had no time to ponder on this. He ran with all the speed he could muster at the closest one. As a hunter himself, he knew very well to try to not face all of them simultaneously. Soon the first beast was in sight, and Zegaii charged directly at it. He noted the slim build of the creature and its sure-footed paws. Here was a creature built for speed. His attention was drawn to the slightly overlarge fangs protruding from its slavering mouth. Yes, thought Zegaii, it will leap at me and attack with its fangs. He glanced at his crossbow, ensuring the bolt was properly notched: he would have only one shot at this creature. When they were only a few metres apart, just as he had anticipated, the creature leapt at him. He rolled under it and, aiming his crossbow upwards, he sent the bolt under the creature’s chin, penetrating its flesh, with the point of the bolt coming to rest just under its skull. A sharp screech from the creature was abruptly cut off, as the life force rapidly flowed from it.

One down, three to go, thought Zegaii, as he retrieved the bolt from the slain creature. He was shocked as he realized the bolt was unable to penetrate the creature’s skull. He could not try the same stunt again, as he would be facing more than one at a time.

He was Urz’gul, a bounty hunter for the Ungreath. This hunt was not going well – judging by the screech, he’d just lost another Morgel, to a lone elf. And he’d already lost four to that cursed assassin. Thinking of the assassin made his blood boil. If only I can get my hands on him, he thought, I’ll tear his limbs off one by one, and make him watch the Morgels eat it. But wait, time to think of better things: his last two remaining Morgels were fast approaching the target. This will be over in a matter of moments, he thought, and then I can collect my payment. His thoughts wandered to the amulet in his pocket.

“Think of it as a tracking amulet,” the warlock had said. Urz’gul hated the warlock. He hated everything to do with magic: it was abnormal.
And so he despised this particular job for two reasons: the target was a mage, and the target was a woman. He was a hunter of men and monsters, the kind that strike fear into simple folk. There was no honour in killing a woman.
But the warlock promised him an astounding sum of gold coins for this task, and he intended to claim it. He needed to claim it, so he could pay off his gambling debt and reclaim his sister. That was a day that he will forever rue: never before had he gambled, but overcome was he with the House Master's promise of instant riches. It went well at first, and then rapidly downhill thereafter. He just needed one more lucky round to make up what he had lost, but it never came. And thus he owed far more than he could afford to pay, so they took his dear sister and gave him three months to settle his debt.

He thought back to the warlock and his payment.
“Much rests on the death of this elf, my little Urz’gul.”
He seethed at being belittled so, but dared not show it. “I have never failed in my job, that’s why you recruited me for this task.” He replied, soothing his bruised ego.
“Yes, yes,” continued the warlock, dismissing the hunter’s impressive record with a wave of his hand, “but this is a task in which you cannot fail.” Turning away from Urz’gul, the warlock ended the conversation with: “Take the 100 gold coins, and when you bring me her head, there will be 900 more for you. Fail, and you will know true pain to the ends of time.”
He took the sack of coins and scurried out.

Chapter 4 - part 2

The two beasts were approaching him, one from either side. Without hesitation, Zegaii drew a bolt from his quiver and, with his crossbow in one hand and a bolt in the other, he charged at one of the beasts. Eventually they met, leaping at each other. Using his crossbow to fend off most of the beast's attack, he drove the bolt he was wielding through the creature's eye, killing it in a matter of seconds. His exposed side exploded in pain, as the beast's claw still managed to cleave into him, and raked three long cuts along his ribs. He landed hard, losing his crossbow while rolling to absorb the fall. By this time the last beast was upon him, snapping and ripping at his forearms, trying to gain access to his throat. He knew it was but a matter of moments before the beast would tear his throat.

"Stay!" shouted Urg'zul. The Morgel stopped attacking, but still loomed menacingly over its prey. Urg'zul was very puzzled. "You are not a woman."
Though Zegaii was just spared from certain death, and hardly had the breath to whisper, his natural defiant personality made him force out through clenched teeth: "Good of you to notice."
"You are not a mage either."
"Aren't you just the bright one."
"Do not mock me, archer. I seek the female mage that this amulet was supposed to lead me to." He held the amulet aloft. "She is my target, but I have no problem killing you too if you don't know how to show respect to your betters."

A deep knot of fear gripped Zegaii: the hunter could be talking about his beloved Minoes, and if so, he was helpless to protect her. His train of thought was abruptly cut off as a bolt of lightning came flashing out of the trees and struck the Morgel on its side. It yelped loudly, momentarily stunned, then charged at the unseen assailant. This time a firebolt came blazing out of the trees, striking the Morgel squarely in the face. It fell mid-stride, writhing on the ground as its life-force seeped from it.
The sudden attack caught Urz'gul by surprise. Now he held his shield protectively between himself and the unseen attacker. "So, assassin, finally we meet. Show yourself and face me with honour, or can you only shoot lightning while hiding in the trees?" He taunted.

An elf stepped out from the trees, wearing heavily travel-stained clothing. His cloak was torn, his hair an unruly mess, and, surprisingly, he sported a beard. Elves are incapable of growing beards. But most surprising was that he bore a shield on his left arm and wielded a spiked metal staff in his right hand.

The assassin sent a bolt of lightning at Urz'gul, which rebounded off his shield and shot back at the caster. The assassin was so startled he just barely managed to catch the bolt on his own shield. Urz'gul smiled broadly; while he hated magic, he was smart enough to protect himself against it. He had paid a pretty penny to the master dwarven smiths of Mithril Mine, the only smiths skillful enough to produce anti-magic armour and shields. The armour was priced completely out of his budget, but he could just about afford the shield. He could thus take jobs where the target was a renegade mage, while his fellow bounty hunters were simply too afraid.

The assassin cast a fireball at him, which he simply reflected back at the assassin, also to be absorbed by the casters own shield. The mage cast another spell, and Urz'gul felt an overwhelming fear grip him. He knew this trick, and fought back. He concentrated on his outstanding achievements: he knew he was the best bounty hunter, he had never failed. He focused on how powerful he was, and managed to keep the fear at bay.

At last the assassin spoke: "Your shield is powerful, and your willpower is strong. But I will still best you."
"Come then, show me." Urz'gul challenged him.

The assassin approached him, and, wielding their weapons and shields, they circled each other. This was the kind of combat Urz'gul liked, and excelled at. He had effectively neutralized the assassin's magical attacks, and forced him in to a straight duel.

Urz'gul launched an attack, his blade a flurry of movement. The assassin just managed to hold off his attack, and they broke away and started circling each other again. In that single confrontation Urz'gul knew he could best this assassin. He launched another skillful attack, forcing the assassin back, but this time pressing his advantage until he opened the assassin up enough to land a slicing, but shallow, cut across his chest.

Though magi can cast fear spells, Urz'gul thought, he also knew how to work with it: he stepped back from the assassin, letting the knowledge sink in that he was outmatched, giving time for the fear to build. They circled each other again.
Finally Urz'gul launch a ferocious attack, his blade a blur of movement, eventually opening up the assassin again in an identical manner, and slicing him more deeply across his chest this time.
He back away from the assassin, letting the fear build again. "So, assassin, are you ready to die?"

Last edited by Daevor on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

Chapter 5

He was clearly outmatched: he simply could not compete with the bounty hunter's swordmanship. But he would not be beaten this day. He was RanMan, skilled in swordmanship, archery, and both the magical arts of healing and destruction. He had allowed the bounty hunter to open him up in an identical manner each time, so he could be sure of landing his own blow.
"Death comes whether we are ready or not, but today is not my day." he replied, and readied himself for the bounty hunter's final onslaught.
A mighty clash of weapons and shields followed, the assassin desperately trying to fend off the attacks. Eventually the bounty hunter opened him up again, but this time as the blow was about to land, RanMan aimed his spiked staff and sent a fireball at the hunter's helmet. The fireball struck just a moment after his opponent's sword sliced into him, sending both combatants to the ground. The bounty hunter screamed and shook violently on the ground, while RanMan lay nearly motionless, his life's blood flowing from deep cuts across his chest.

Daevor's eyes flared open: a Summon Amulet had been triggered. Summon Amulets were rarely given out, for there was great potential for abuse. Daevor himself had only ever given out one such Amulet during his time as head of the DTD service, and that was to Min min while she was heavily pregnant. However, that Amulet had recently been returned, yet this Summon call came from the direction of the Ancient Elven Woods. He had no clue who had triggered the Summon Amulet, or why, so he prepared himself as best he could for the unknown: he dressed in full armour, and bade his servant to summon his two most battle hardened followers: Argonos and Chikyuu.

Daevor was no less puzzled than his two companions, but they kept peppering him with questions:[i] who triggered the Amulet?[/i]; [i]how did they get an Amulet?[/i]; [i]why was the Amulet triggered?[/i] Finally he said: "I don't know, and that's why I asked you two to accompany me. You are both level-headed, and have been in many battles against the monsters of Isya. We have to be ready for anything."

The scene was nauseating, especially with the smell of burning flesh permeating the air. As far as the three clerics could tell, the dead creatures were foreign to Isya. They quickly made their way to the elf, the half-elf and the human. All three were still alive, but suffered grave wounds. Daevor's heart sank when he saw much of the flesh had been torn off Zegaii's forearms: the archer had fought the creatures bravely. He attended to Zegaii himself, and poured of his own life force into the archer, to keep death at bay. Chikyuu healed the worst of the half-elf's wounds, while Argonos tended to the swordsman. Argonos noted that the swordsman's helmet was hot to the touch, but was unable to remove it, as the skin beneath it had melted onto the inside of the helmet. He sent a soothing spell to the swordman's face, easing the burns and partially repairing the skin.

Daevor submerged his consciousness in Zegaii's wounds, repairing them to the best of his ability. Oddly enough, some parts of the wounds simply would not be repaired. Upon closer inspection, Daevor noticed an unusual [i]discolouration[/i] at the centre of these trouble spots. Normally a poison shows up green when using this technique, and a disease is an orange-red colour. However, these were purple blotches, and try as he might, he could not heal those areas.
"Argonos, Chikyuu, come here, quickly!" Daevor called urgently. "Use Mind Heal on his arms, and tell me what you see."
"[i]Purple[/i]?!" exclaimed Chikyuu.
"It's spreading," said Argonos.
"We must stop it!" said Daevor, his voice betraying his desparation. "Come, let us join our minds and purge him of this affliction."

With their minds merged, the three clerics set their collective power to work. Long and hard they laboured, and when Chikyuu was on the brink of passing out from exhaustion, they withdrew, unsuccessful.
"We can't-" Argonos started, breathing heavily. Chikyuu simply hung her head, too drained to speak.
"It's too powerful;" conceded Daevor, "there is only one thing we can do now."

Last edited by Daevor on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:53 am

Chapter 6 - part 1

“We have to use Death Sleep.” Daevor declared.
“You can’t be serious!” protested Argonos, “We don’t have the Council’s permission. Besides, our energy has been sapped trying the joint Mind Heal.”
“We don’t have a choice. It’s that, or he dies.” Daevor replied, while digging around in his backpack. He pulled out 3 small bottles of bluish potion and offered one to each of his companions. “Drink this.”
The three quaffed their potions, and within seconds felt the exhaustion leaving them.
Chikyuu assumed a highly concerned look. When Daevor cast her an enquiring look, she replied flatly: “I don’t want to be put to death.”
Daevor hung his head and sighed deeply, muttering under his breath: “We don’t have time for this!”
He fully understood her fear. This ancient spell had been lost for many ages, and rediscovered by Daevor’s mentor. There was still much debate on whether this spell was Dark Magic or not, and thus the High Council declared that this spell shall not be used without their permission – on pain of death.
Finally he looked up and proclaimed: “I take full responsibility for the casting of the spell. No blame shall fall on you.”
The other two visibly relaxed, but were still a bit hesitant – [i]someone[/i] was still going to have to own up for casting the spell, and that someone was Daevor, their mentor. However, they were now committed to helping him, and thus they focused once more, joining their minds to perform the ritual.

An hour later the three clerics slumped to the ground, exhausted. They were beyond the regenerative powers of potions – the severe mental drain of the spell casting could only be restored by sleep. They had successfully sent Zegaii’s body into the icy state of Death Sleep. In this state, his body would not grow old, would not change; but most importantly, the evil spell of affliction would not be able to spread. [i]Zegaii shall live[/i], was Daevor’s last thoughts before the blackness enveloped him.

RanMan woke with a start to a cool, predawn breeze. Lying flat on his back on the hard ground, he was momentarily disoriented; then images of his battle with the bounty hunter flooded his mind. Involuntarily he grasped at his left ribs, where the lethal blade had cut him. [i]Only a dull ache[/i], he mused. Slowly he sat up, taking in his surroundings. His left side stung a little with the movement. He noted the clerics laying close to his charge, Zegaii. The clerics must have healed them, he reasoned. Quickly he hurried over to Zegaii, and saw that his body was cold to the touch, and his breath came not. [i]Damn that bounty hunter![/i] RanMan had failed.

He thought back to that fateful day, the day the Haldaére elves fell. He vividly remembered King Galdin The Wise handing him the king’s prized crossbow and quiver, and the king’s personal spell book. The king then ordered him to take to the escape tunnels, and get Prince Zegaii, then barely 2 years old, to safety. He had sped down the tunnels, the crossbow and quiver slung over his back, the book in a sack, and the toddler in his arms, putting as much distance as he could between the Haldaére stronghold and himself. The look in the king’s eyes left no doubt in his mind as to the king’s intentions – he dared not slow down. Even so, he was not fully prepared when it happened: it felt like the world was being torn apart. The king had unleashed his most powerful weapon: a doomsday spell. The king had taken the invading army down with him. When the dust had eventually settled, he found that Zegaii’s body was cushioned under his, but that he was pinned down by the caved in tunnel. He had lost the sack containing the king’s spell book. Back and forth he had wiggled, and realized that it was actually the crossbow and quiver that were stuck. Quickly he slid his hunting knife out of his boot, and cut himself free. After displacing some rocks, he managed to pull the crossbow free, but try as he might, he simply could not dislodge the quiver. He had then worked his way out of the tunnels, leaving the quiver and spell book buried behind him.

Two months later he arrived in the Ancient Elven Woods, where he arranged for a childless elven couple to find the “abandoned” boy. He travelled back to Haldaére, to see what he may learn of the warlocks who had led the invading armies. He had discovered that the warlocks answered to a far more sinister force, one they feared as much as they revered. He had returned four years later to check up on Zegaii, and to give him all that remained of his inheritance: the Golden Crossbow. He had continued his investigation then, seeking to learn what he could of this evil force. And thus he came upon the warlock and the bounty hunter, both working for the evil god, known simply as Dark Nik.

Last edited by Daevor on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:53 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minoes
Wet Paper

Female
Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 am

I thought you said next chapter was going to be the last? Razz

Silly Daevor! But your story r0ckz0rz (because i'm in it, of course Cool )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 pm

I might, might, write some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub

Female
Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:16 am

Oh noes !!!

What happen next ? ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ffate
Paper

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 am

I wanna know too Mo >.<

Daevor update this ASAP? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:23 am

Easier said than done, but don't worry, there's at least a bit more story to follow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little_Mo
Ebil Nub

Female

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:11 pm

cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zegaii
Balloon Popper ><

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:59 pm

oooo i found the recreation Very Happy I can't wait to see how i get my life saved in chapter 5 :DDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Nice quake avatar, Zeg.

You're awfully confident you actually survive. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zegaii
Balloon Popper ><

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Daevor wrote:
Nice quake avatar, Zeg.

You're awfully confident you actually survive. Twisted Evil

hahahahahaha hah... sigh :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness

Female
Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 am

LOL, I love it when the bad guys win, make someone die!
"Muahahahahaha *chokes* oh &@^%$#"

Totally forgot about being 14, being 15 sucks!

Okay, that's a lie. I don't need my bush so much anymore ^^

If you're one in a million, your meaning there's a hell of alot of you in china...

I constant way to keep in touch with me. (just in case)
http://fightingducks.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youremoqueen.sosblog.com
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 am

Chapter 5 has been posted. Very Happy

Ebil Nub

Female

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 am

ShockedShockedShocked

OMG You CAN'T do that to US !!!

What happen next ???

affraidaffraidaffraid

PS : Love it btw lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jam_Tart
Inevitable Cuteness

Female
Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Mo he can do anything he wants, doing this makes me dream of what could happen next. Yesh I keep coming up with him turning into a nigh elf like you get with the purple skin Very Happy and him turning evil and Minmin attempting to commit suicide (though she wouldn't) It's so awesome to be able to lay down any time of day and think, now what else could happen next. Love it!

Totally forgot about being 14, being 15 sucks!

Okay, that's a lie. I don't need my bush so much anymore ^^

If you're one in a million, your meaning there's a hell of alot of you in china...

I constant way to keep in touch with me. (just in case)
http://fightingducks.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youremoqueen.sosblog.com
Nimmie1400
Squishy Paper

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm

after heared somuch bout the story's of Deavor me ish gonna read it. maybe today ro tommorow Very Happy

night ppl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daevor
Semi-Nub

Male

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:36 am

It's not that great, but I hope you find it entertaining What a Face

PostSubject: Re: The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage   

Back to top Go down

The True Tales of Minoes, The Master Mage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fiesta United :: General Discussion :: Drawings and Scribblies-
Jump to: